½ cup soy sauce
2-4 tbsp honey (depends on your taste)
½ cup dashi or beef broth
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pound beef tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
10 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces (both and green and white parts)
4 stalks celery, sliced on an angle, in ½-inch pieces
12 mushroom caps, sliced
8 ounces tofu or bean curd, cut into bite-sized cubes
1 can bamboo shoots (8½-ounce), drained
4 cups rice or ramen, cooked
1. Mix soy sauce, honey, and dashi or broth in a bowl and set aside.
2. Arrange beef and vegetables on a large platter.
3. Heat an electric skillet 300°F or heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat.
4. Add the meat and brown for 2 minutes.
5. Add the vegetables and the tofu, including the bamboo shoots, placing each on its own part of the skillet.
6. Add the sauce and cook mixture for 6 to 7 minutes, turning gently to prevent burning and keeping all ingredients separate from each other. Serve at once over rice or ramen.