4 slices sandwich bread, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup melted butter
3 cups cubed zucchini (about 1-inch cubes)
1 large onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place bread cubes in a bowl and pour over the melted butter.
3. Add the zucchini, onion, garlic, salt, cayenne, 1 cup of the cheese, and egg. Mix everything well.
5. Pour the mixture into a buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese.
6. Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.