4 cups nopales cut into strips(or can be diced)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
3 tomatoes, diced, or green onions, chopped
1-3 serrano chiles, chopped
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1-2 freshly squeezed limes, to taste
1. Clean the cactus paddles by trimming the edges and scraping off the spines. Cut into dice or strips.
2. Toss the cactus with 1 tablespoon of the oil, sprinkle with salt.
3. Place the cactus on a baking sheet and into a 350 degree oven until it is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Or you can sauté the cactus in a skillet until tender.
4. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl, adding the cactus and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Seasoned it depends on your taste.