3 ripe avocados, mashed
½ medium onion
1 garlic clove, unpeeled
1 medium tomato
1 serrano chile
2 springs cilantro, minced
1. Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. When hot, place the onion, garlic clove, tomato and chile on it.
2. Turn the vegetables so that they brown on all sides, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool a little. Peel the garlic clove.
4. Coarsely chop the onion, garlic and chile and set aside. Coarsely chop the tomato and cilantro and set aside.
5. Mix the mashed avocado to onion mixture and minced cilantro.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves and chopped tomatoes.
7. Add fresh lime juice, as desired then served with tortillas or vegetable sticks.