4 pieces tonkatsu or breaded-deep fried pork, sliced about 1 inch-wide
1 onion cut into slices
200ml dashi soup stock
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp honey
Steamed Japanese rice
1. Put dashi soup stock in a pan together with onion slices.
2. Add in mirin, soy sauce, and honey in the soup until halfed cooked.
3. Add tonkatsu pieces in and simmer on low heat for a few minutes until onions are cooked.
4. Add eggs, put lid on and turn the heat down to low. Turn off the heat.
5. Serve rice in a large rice bowl, and then place the simmered tonkatsu on top of the rice.