2 (6 inch) prepared pizza crust
1 eggplant, peeled and cut into very thin slices
7 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
10 thin slices prosciutto ham
2 (16 ounce) packages fresh mozzarella cheese, each cut into 16 slices
3 tablespoons pesto sauce (recipe as follows)
Pesto Sauce Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic
1 large bunch Basil leaves (about 2 cups)
1/3 cup pine nuts
fresh ground, black pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
A pinch of salt
Pesto Sauce Procedure:
1. Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
2. Mince the basil leaves.
3. Blend garlic, basil, and 1/2 cup olive oil, and cheese in a food processor or blender. Use low speed and stop often to stir.
4. Gently blend in remainder of olive oil and the pine nuts.
5. Let sit for an hour before using.
1. Place cloves of garlic in a small pan. Add 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and evenly coat each clove.
2. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Preheat the pizza crust and top with pesto sauce, as many as you like.
4. Place sliced eggplant and roasted garlic cloves, prosciutto slices and fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until toppings are hot and cheese has melted.
5. Remove from oven and cut each pizza into 6 slices. Serve immediately.