500g linguine pasta
30g tinned anchovies, drained and chopped, oil reserved
6 garlic cloves, chopped
800g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
500g fresh prawns, peeled
150g pitted black olives, halved
35g capers, drained
½ tsp dried crushed red chillies
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
chopped fresh parsley leaves and grated cheese, for garnish
1. In a large pan, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the reserved oil from the tinned anchovies in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chopped anchovies and saute until the aroma is released.
3. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, prawns, olives, capers and dried crushed red chillies. Simmer over a medium heat until the sauce has slightly thickened stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
4. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the frying pan. Toss the pasta in the anchovy sauce mixture to coat well.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, garnish with parsley and cheese.
6. Best served with garlic bread.